Pregnancy is one of the most amazing, miraculous, powerful times of life. I love being able share in the joy of pregnancy by fitness training my clients before, during and after pregnancy!
The hips are very important to keep strong and stable during pregnancy. Here are some great hip exercises I did with Danica (shown below). Great to do even if you are not pregnant! ; ))
Figure 4 on leg press machine
- Adjust leg press machine to 90 degree depth
- Very light weight
- Cross one leg over the in figure 4 position
- Slowly lower leg to 90 degrees or wherever body allows
- Hold for 10-20 seconds and switch sides
Outer thigh machine with light arm weights
Adding upper body weight while on outer thigh machine is efficient way to get heart rate up, encourage focus and stability and tone arms!
Wall Stretch “Secret Sore”
This is one of my fave “secret sore” workouts that look easy yet is actually challenging the entire body.
- Standing close to wall lift leg closest to wall up and bent 90 degrees
- Gently press Hip into wall
- Spider crawl fingers up wall encouraging a side stretch
- Slightly bend supporting leg being sure foot is pressing into ground (inside of foot, outside of foot, heel, big toe, pinky toe)