I consider myself an Old School-Expert-Diva Queen of fitness classes. I was fitness class obsessed before there was YouTube and Instagram. I had it way harder back then …I mean I had to play the same video over and over again from a VHS!
Needless to say this obsession led to a career in fitness. I have taught over 20,000 classes during my career ranging from yoga, cardio step, cardio dance, toning. I love to see how the industry has changed over the last 25 years using technology to motivate participants to reach their fitness goals and stay motivated.
With so many studio choices I have decided to try out the latest fitness classes reviewing what classes are results oriented, motivating and safe!
First on my list…
If you are bored with the same old workout and want to spark your routine with energized, attentive coaches and positive community, I suggest checking out Orangetheory Fitness!
60 min Metabolic HIIT workout, consisting of endurance, strength, and power exercises. Uses heart rate monitors and coaching for a safe, effective results oriented workout.
Recommended for: performance-based cross-training, weight loss, maintenance, social, community.
Suggestions: Be sure to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time as it’s beneficial to meet the staff and coaches and to learn about the workout. This ensures a higher level of familiarity with equipment and the class itself.
What to expect:
- Energized instructors with awareness of all participants in class, ready to give modifications when necessary as well as correct form.
- Burning calories!
- How to pace yourself with your heart rate. You have your choice of three heart rate monitors based on preference.
- Clear workout goal with safety measures and modifications.
- Emailed results of each workout.
- Exercise breakdown with pics and videos during class/modifications from instructor.
- Television screen showing workout status with heart rate, calories burned and color coded push level
- Explanations of exertion levels with color coded descriptions encouraging body awareness with heart rate monitor.
- Very clean and smells clean (not all studios do) with wipes during and after class to wipe down equipment.
- Positive atmosphere -zero snob with encouragement to focus on personal goals!
- Open to participants of varying levels and goals.
- Mirror placement and atmosphere encourages self focus.
- Peer group support
- Testimonials on wall and encouragement /positive messages
I love that the first class is free! Check it out!
Founding Rates apply at the Streeterville location (211 E Grand, 312.778.8998). Mention the blog to obtain reduced rates before they open!